Headed Back to Kigali

This morning we ate a quick breakfast at the hospital ( a peace corps worker from Maryland joined us) and headed out back for Kigali! It was bittersweet leaving Shyira. I was so impressed with their staff and I just loved all the people there especially because of last night playing at the soccer field. We saw the cutest thing as we were leaving… We saw a huge group of children marching down the street in two lines and singing songs as they went. When we got closer we realized a little girl in the front had a white veil on and bouquet made out of ribbon or something. They were playing wedding! It was so so adorable. The drive back to Kigali went so fast. I could look out the window at those views all day long. When we got to the city we finally got to eat lunch at the Hotel Des Mille Collienes. It was super good! We were all so tired of potatoes and beans so the food there was much appreciated! When we got back we got to work on our final presentations for tomorrow. Suzanna hadn’t typed her paper yet so we got a little bit of a late start but thats okay because it gave me time to put all of our photos on our slides. I am so happy we got the topic of nutrition. I think that is what I have been most passionate about since being here. After a long and hot afternoon working on presentations we got to meet Dr.Page for dinner! I don’t know why but seeing a familiar face was really nice! And it was Dr.Page so it was super fun! We got dinner at an Italian restaurant at the Marriot hotel. It was super delicious and had the best mango juice I have had in Africa so far. When we got back I was super tired and ready for bed. We have to get up early for our presentations tomorrow! Im excited to present!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 - Arrival in Kigali

University of Rwanda Day 3 and Departure for the SAFARI!

Welcome to My Blog!