Last Full Day in Rwanda - Final Presentations!

Today we did our final presentations at the University of Rwanda. It was a big day for everyone involved because we had to compile all of our experiences into 20 minutes and the University of Rwanda students who have been helping us for the last 3 weeks were defending their final thesis to their professors. I just have to say I am so amazed the the UR students. They are so generous and loving to us! They devoted two whole weeks of the time for free to help us in the health center and the hospital! All while preparing the biggest presentation in their College careers! They even stayed up through the night to finish their presentations because they were helping us during the day. They are truly amazing. I loved presenting on nutrition and I think it went well! It was cool to watch everyone's presentations and listen to their thoughts about the experiences we had. It was a great way to conclude the internship! After our presentations we went to Java again! It was very good. We had a break for the afternoon and I just started packing and gathering all my things together. In the evening we had our farewell dinner and the University of Rwanda students came. It was SO much fun! they sang for us and we danced. At the end we sang together and it was so special. I will cherish their friendships forever! Tonight was a perfect finish to our trip. Rwanda has a huge piece of my heart!!! I will miss it here. Tomorrow we head home at about 4 and get back on Sunday night at 11pm. I am not looking forward to the flights but I'm excited to see my family!!!



The amazing Solange!



With Amorise, the nun that helped us with everything!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 - Arrival in Kigali

University of Rwanda Day 3 and Departure for the SAFARI!

A Day in the Life of a Global Health Intern (Part 2) - Biryogo Health Center Day 3